Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tomato Basil Bruschetta




I've been making this for quite a while now and I really don't use measurements any more. I got the inspiration from Annie's Eats and I'm guessing her measurements are close enough to mine. I also serve them on homemade french baguettes which I highly suggest learning how to make since they are oh so good.

Tomato Basil Bruschetta

Ingredients:

4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons basil, minced (or 2 tablespoons of dried basil)
1/2 tablespoon onion, diced
1/3 teaspoon salt
pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons of finely shredded parmesan

Sliced baguette for serving
Directions:

In a bowl, combine all ingredients. I personally serve it right away since I don't have the patience but it tastes better after an hour or so in the fridge. It's the perfect "made ahead" appetizer. Serve with warmed bread.

Source: Adapted from Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment