Friday, May 20, 2011

Margarita Chicken


Honestly, do I need to say anything? The title did it enough for me in my cookbook. After I made margarita cupcakes about a month ago, I've been on a quest to use more tequila in my kitchen. I'd say this was a success.

Margarita Chicken

Yield 4 servings

Ingredients:

2 pounds chicken tenderloins
3 tablespoons tequila
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 small chillies, diced or
2 tablespoons chilli paste
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small handful of cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
lime wedges

Directions:
Place chicken in a non-metallic bowl. Combine tequila, lime juice, chilli, garlic, cilantro, and olive oil in a small bowl then pour over chicken and turn to fully coat chicken. Let marinate two hours or overnight.
Soak bamboo skewers for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Preheat grill to medium heat. Thread chicken on to presoaked skewers and salt and pepper each side before placing on the grilling surface. Grill for 5 minutes then flip to grill other side. Serve with lime wedges.

Source: 30 Minute Meals (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment