Thursday, May 5, 2011

Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes




Now, I don't eat pork but my husband sure loves it. I was flipping through my recipe books and this one caught my eye. So I thought I'd take the plunge and make it for the first time. After watching my husband take a few bites I finally asked if it was a "make again". A resounding yes came out of his mouth. Husband approved and that's enough for me.

Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:

2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 lb each)
1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (about three slices of bread with the crusts off)
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

Directions:

Heat oven to 450*. Spray a shallow baking dish or roasting rack with a non-stick spray. Place tenderloins in baking dish. Slice crusts off of bread (I used wheat because that's what we eat) and dice them. Combine bread and remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Spoon herb mixture over tenderloins. Cover pork loosely with foil. Bake 20 minutes then uncovered for another 15 minutes until pork reaches an internal tempeture of 155*. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes then slice and serve.

Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook 2006



Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:

1/2 pound of red potatoes
4 cloves of garlic diced
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon salt
salt and pepper

Directions:

Boil potatoes in water with 1 tablespoon of salt. I don't peel them but you always can. Mash drained potatoes and combine with garlic, sour cream, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. I usually just dump everything in to my stand mixer and it does all the work. Finally, stir in the cheese. Enjoy!


Source: Self

No comments:

Post a Comment