Tuesday, May 10, 2011

South of the Border Frittatas

I had been sitting on a mini frittata recipe for some time. It just didn't seem appealing enough to make right away. When I was finally ready to make it, I realized I didn't have half of what I needed. So I jazzed it up and made it with a tex-mex feel. Mine came out flat and  not at all muffin like shape. I enjoyed this significantly better than a traditional frittata. 

South of the Boarder Frittatas

Yields 12 mini frittatas 

Ingredients:

6 eggs
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons milk
4 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons diced onion
1/3 cup green or red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon chili pepper
2 dashes of red pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375*. Heavily coat cupcake pan with non-stick spray. Evenly divide onion, green pepper, and cheese between the 12 cupcake wells. Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt, ground pepper, chili, and red pepper until all is incorporated. Pour egg mixture over the onion, green pepper, and cheese. Filling wells 3/4 of the way full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Use a plastic knife to loosen from pan and remove carefully. Serve with salsa. 

Source: Taste of Home "Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas"


No comments:

Post a Comment