Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blueberry Lemonade

I bought two pints of blueberries on a whim. And now I'm on a berry kick so hang on because this is the beginning of a beautiful berry adventure. To start off this berry bonanza, I wanted a good drink. I don't enjoy traditional lemonade at all. So, I've always searched for something that is on the next level yet still has that lemon flavor. I think I may have found it. Next time I make it, I will probably mess around with adding booze to it because it seems like the perfect cocktail drink as well.

Blueberry Lemonade

Yield: 4-6 drinks

Ingredients:

3 cups blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups lemon juice
3 cups cold water
extra lemon slices and blueberries for garnish

Directions:

Combine blueberries and sugar, blend well. Strain mixture into a pitcher. Add lemon juice and water. Whisk thoroughly. It will separate rather quickly so serve immediately. Instead of pouring over ice cubes, I froze about a 1/4 cup of blueberries and used those instead. Enjoy!

Source: Bobby Flay "Blueberry Lemonade"

No comments:

Post a Comment