Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cheese Fondue

I love The Melting Pot. I scored this recipe when a friend gave me a fondue set for my birthday. I now have a very firm belief that every one needs a fondue set or two. It's a great fix because we live three hours away from the nearest Melting Pot restaurant. I found using high quality cheeses make it so much better than if you were to get pre-shredded cheese. 

Cheese Fondue

Ingredients:

8 ounces Gruyere cheese, cubed
10 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
4 ounces of beer or broth ( I prefer booze... in general)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
a dash of salt

Directions:
Cube cheese and set aside. Bring beer to a boil in your fondue pot then add cheeses. Whisk cheese until smooth and melted. Add seasonings. You can adjust seasoning by taste. This is just what we enjoy. I usually serve with broccoli, cubed breads, naan bread, carrots, and green apples. 

Source: The Melting Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment