Monday, May 30, 2011

Blueberry Cobbler



I feel slightly ashamed of this recipe because it uses a box mix but that's what makes it so fabulously easy. I wanted a cobbler so I figured I could make it myself without an issue and with no recipe to follow which I am usually okay with when just cooking. When it comes to baking and no recipe I get a few gray hairs but this one was worth the worry.

Blueberry Cobbler

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups blueberries, divided
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*. Blend 1/2 cup blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice. This will make a gooey syrup. Place the rest of the berries in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and pour the blueberry syrup over the blueberries. Sprinkle the cake mix over the berries then pour butter evenly over the whole mess. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.





Source: self

No comments:

Post a Comment