Friday, June 24, 2011

Linguine with Broccoli

Can you tell I like broccoli? In preschool we did a coloring project about all our favorite things and the teacher wouldn't believe me that my favorite food was broccoli. I must really branch out to other vegetables before this blog becomes "Lots of Broccoli"!

Linguine with Broccoli

Ingredients:

1 pound broccoli cut into florets
1 pound linguine
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, diced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Steam broccoli until tender. Cook pasta until al dente then drain and return to the pot. I usually boil my pasta in the same pan that my steamer sits over so it saves me time and I cook the pasta and broccoli at the same time. Just be careful your water doesn't boil over.
In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli, garlic, and chilli flakes and stir for about five minutes or until broccoli is well coated and is coming apart. Add broccoli to the pasta. Gently, toss the broccoli and pasta while adding the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. I usually top each serving with a little more cheese for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment