Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Creamy Dill Dip


Dill is such a great spice and I think it doesn't get enough use in most kitchens. I already use it in my Chicken Broccoli Braid and for my fridge pickles (watch out in the next month for a post on them!) and now in this dip. It's so fresh and perfect for summer. I served my dip on sourdough cocktail bread with cucumber slices. Such a great summer appetizer!

Creamy Dill Dip

Yield: 1 cup dip

Ingredients:
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 sour cream
2 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or 4 teaspoons of fresh dill, chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions:

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Chill for at least a half hour before use. If you can't get mascarpone cheese then use softened cream cheese and decrease salt slightly. For a healthy version use light sour cream and plain greek yogurt in place of cheese. It will be slightly runnier but tastes the same!



Source: Self

No comments:

Post a Comment