Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Watermelon Limeade


I normally do not look through Paula Deen recipes but I was headed to a cookout and I was desperate to find a yummy drink that would fill a pitcher and be light. I adjusted it quite a bit and I must say, I find my version simply better.

Watermelon Limeade

Yields 8 Cups (16, 1/2 cup servings)

Ingredients

6 cups seedless watermelon
3 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
1 can frozen limeade concentrate

Directions:

Working in batches, place watermelon, water, sugar, and limeade concentrate in a blender and process until smooth. Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve over a pitcher. I also placed cheese cloth over the mesh to make sure my drink was not gritty (you can also use paper towels). Add slices of lime to the pitcher and chill until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment