Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream

Usually, if ice cream doesn't have chocolate or cookie dough in it, I don't want to eat it. I've never really been a fan of strawberry ice cream but I came across this recipe and I was super curious how the heck sour cream and strawberries would ever taste good together. This is ice cream is the answer. I changed it up and put lemon in it after a friend said she only ate strawberry ice cream with a scoop of lemon sherbet. I must admit it is a really nice flavor combination!

Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream

Ingredients:

16 ounces strawberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vodka, optional
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup whole milk
the juice and zest of one lemon*

* You can add or take away depending on your preference. My friend would have preferred more lemon flavor yet I was satisfied with this amount.

Hull and slice the strawberries. In a medium bowl combine sugar, strawberries, and vodka (optional). Cover and set aside for one hour. In a blender, put the sugared strawberries, sour cream, cream, milk, lemon and zest. Blend until nearly smooth yet still slightly chunky. Chill for one hour. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Keep in an air tight container in your freezer.

Source: Adapted from Annie's Eats "Dreamy Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream"

No comments:

Post a Comment